Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Homeward

On Friday I'll be driving home to see my dad. My mom and sister will be away at college orientation.
While I'm there I'll be working on my financial aid, performing bumble foot surgery on one of my turkeys, and baby sitting a rather rotund ewe who should lamb anytime now.
 
I'll also be going with my dad to pick up these lovely ladies !



These are Himalayan Yaks. The three heifers we'll be picking up on Friday are called Royal yaks due to their coloring. Royal Yaks are spotted kind of like Holstein dairy cows. They'll be joining our trim (black with white forehead or legs )cow, Betty, and our imperial ( pitch black) bull, Boris/Buddy/Smoke. There is a little bit of contention about the poor guys name.


More on yaks to come! As for now I need to buckle down and start on my calculus homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment