Sunday, April 14, 2013

The worlds a scary place

It is true, you know. The world is an absolute terrifying place.
We constantly have to do things that scare the crap out of us.

Leaving for college for me was horrible. Who isn't scared when they leave home for the first time? Probably a bit more so for me than for most people. The summer before I left I was told I had a deadly disease. The average prognosis for it was two months.

I was basically told I would be gone by the time my classmates and friends left for school. Luckily, they found out it was really just an incorrect blood test. Regardless of it just being an incorrect test I had (and still do have) some major emotional scars because of it.

My suite mates laugh now about I hid in my room for the first two weeks of school. It literally took me two weeks to go make friends with my suite mates. Even then I was still pretty blue for the first two and half months of school.

When I first left for school my mom made me this. She gave it to me the day I moved in to my dorm room.
Nothing like some good ol' Pooh Bear to get you to put on your big girl panties and face the world.

Several months ago I also found this quote.

I'm no longer afraid of college. I'm no longer in the dumps about being gone. I am making the best out of this experience. After all, not everybody has such a privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment