Monday, April 15, 2013

Whose Your Daddy?

        These little darlings where born yesterday back at home. I haven't seen them in person yet so I can't vouch for their cuteness, but I'm taking the picture as good sign.
       
       There is a little boy ( don't get too attached) and a little girl.  Unfortunately, by this time next year the little ram will probably be taking up residence in the freezer. The little ewe will be having her own lambs. I would love to keep all of our babies but it isn't really feasible....and you know the fact I really do love lamb doesn't hurt either.

      That big white head getting in the way of the cuteness is their momma Molly. Molly and I need to have some words. You see last August I spent a good deal of time picking the perfect ram-friend for her. In September I brought in her gentlemanly lover, Eli, and they got to spend a good two months together....along with the rest of his harem.
       In December the ewes were all starting to miss their friends so for Christmas they traveled home along with their friend, Henry. Here is where we reach a problem. You see Molly's babies were born so late in the season she doesn't know who the father is.
                                        Is it Eli or is it Henry? The world may never know.


For shame Molly. I thought I raised you better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment